Enjoying life and doing fun things shouldn't be limited to just Mennonites. Here are 5 Mennonite happiness hacks that anyone can do.
1. Enjoy an evening watching your favorite episodes of The Waltons with a nice big bag of knack sot. We recommend Ronnie's which is made right here in Jant Sied. And don't worry about getting a few shells on the floor. That's why vacuum cleaners were invented.
2. Invite some friends over for faspa. Remember, a long, long time ago when people use to enjoy company over a nice simple faspa with freshi tweibach, jelli brot, tjeese and gurtje? Well you still can! Stock up on cheese, tweibach, butter, jelly, sour pickles and give some friends a call!
3. Have a game of knipsbrat and make it interesting! The winner of 3 straight games wins a varscht and dozen wareneki! Or even better; spice up your marriage! The winner of the most games gets served breakfast in bed! (complete with crackles (greewi) & jelli brot) And to all you husbands out there; make sure to let your mumtje win ;-)
4. Make a pact to use ONLY Plautdietsch for a whole day in every situation! And that includes texting! No Enjlisch! En dats final!
5. Hide your kids mobile devices and play board games. Your kids may not initially warm up to this idea, but you can offer them a choice: Eat head cheese for dinner or play board games? You'll be surprised how fast they choose board games!
So there you have it! 5 Mennonite happiness hacks that you can start enjoying today! Want to have even more fun with "speak only Plautdietsch day"? You're even allowed to cheat by using a dictionary! It's fun and you'll laugh as you learn many new Plautdietsch words!
Enjoy getting reacquainted with those forgotten Plautdietsch words of yesteryear and learn interesting new phrases that you may have never heard before! We have three different dictionaries to choose from!
OVER 100 OF YOUR FAVORITE MENNONITE RECIPES!
AND OVER 500 ADDITIONAL DISHES PREPARED IN MENNONITE HOMES
THE MENNONITE TREASURY, EXACTLY AS IT APPEARED IN THE VERY FIRST EDITION. IT'S NEVER CHANGED. THIS COOK BOOK IS THE ABSOLUTE DEFINITIVE MENNONITE RECIPE COLLECTION EVER PRODUCED!
Make sure to follow us so that you don't miss out on the Plautdietsch word of the day and other stories and articles on our facebook page. You haven't done that yet? Na oba! Click on Leina and Hein below and it will take you to the Menno Tribune and hit the "follow" button. Daut es emm sonnst! And remember to forward the Menno Tribune facebook link to your friends and frintshoft!