Remember all those nights together knacking sot on the porch swing? Remember sharing a Papsi & Ravel in the moonlight? We Mennos don’t like to boast about it but we’re a really romantic culture. So, don’t forget your mumtje or oomtji this Valentines day! Here are a few suggestions.
- Pack faspa in a cooler and surprise your sweetheart with a trip to Jant Sied!
- Make a reservation at Chicken Chef. (The 3 piece chicken dinner is a good value and comes with a roll and coleslaw but does not include coffee. Tipping is optional).
- Go to a movie and opt for the very back row (You’re married so it’s legal now ;-)
- Get a few dozen plastic roses and spell out “I Love Your Tweibach” in the front yard.
- Go for a two-night hotel stay in Grand Forks! Make sure to book a hotel with in-suite hot tub :-) To get a better exchange rate, get your U.S. currency before you go. And enjoy a nice romantic dinner at Pizza Ranch. (It’s all you can eat! Choose from pizza, fried chicken, schnetje and gravy, salad and dessert! They accept coupons and kids under 12 eat for $3.00 off)
- Surprise your mumtje with a dozen roses, Mordens’ chocolates and a nice .05% Rose wine.
Here's a Mennonite love card that says, "I'd bake tweibach for you any day!"
Make sure to follow us so that you don't miss out on the Plautdietsch word of the day and other stories and articles on our facebook page. You haven't done that yet? Na oba! Click on Leina and Hein below and it will take you to the Menno Tribune and hit the "follow" button. Daut es emm sonnst! And remember to forward the Menno Tribune facebook link to your friends and frintshoft!